Seksjon for pedagogikk
Anne Beate Reinertsen works as Professor in Education at Queen Maud University College: I am professor in Education, Practical Knowledge and Philosophy and hold a Ph.D. from the University of Trondheim, NTNU, on process quality and organizational learning. Prior to my academic career I worked several years as lecturer and leader. I have performed leadership studies and training, and have participated in and been mentor in a large number of pedagogical research and development projects. This includes being mentor for local municipalities in school development projects. My main fields of competences are theories of sciences, philosophical and qualitative research, research methodologies, learning theories, leadership and processquality, organizational learning and action research, assessment literacy, critical and new materialist/post human pedagogies. Some of my last works are on interspecies collaboration and sustainability. I have been visiting scholar in USA two periods (Stanford California and University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign) of six months, and have a broad international network and collaboration partners. I mentor masterstudents and PhD students and have served as opponent at dissertations. I have participated in several committees evaluating applicant’s professor competences.
01.08.13 Present date: Professor at Queen Maud University College, Trondheim
31.07.13 Associated Professor at Nord-Trøndelag University College.
31.07.07: Lecturer, Assistant Professor and PhD student at Nord-Trøndelag University College (Six years in total, three years Ph.D. work financed by The Norwegian Research Council).
31.07.01: High School administrator and International Baccalaureate coordinator (Six Years).
31.07.94: High School Teacher (Nine years).
01.08.2013: Awarded competence as Professor in Education.
01.09.2012 to 31.12.2012: Visiting Scholar at the University of Illinois sponsored by Prof. Norman Denzin
01.08.2007: Awarded competence as Associated Professor in Education.
15.06.2007: Doctoral debate and acceptance of Ph.D. thesis. NTNU, Trondheim.
2003/04: Seven month postgraduate studies at Stanford University, California/USA. The stay was part of Ph.D. work which was entirely financed by the Norwegian Research Council.
2003: Awarded competence as Assistant Professor in Education (On the basis of publications, work experience, leadership and management of different research –and development projects).
1999: Leadership, evaluation and management studies (One Year) North- Trøndelag University College.
1995: Master in Education, NTNU Trondheim.
1993: Studies of pedagogy, NTNU Trondheim (I,5years).
1990: Development studies, specializing in African studies at NTNU Trondheim (0,5Years).
1986: Development studies at the University of Agder (One year).
1985: Social Science studies; International politics (0,5 Years) at NTNU Trondheim.
1984: Teacher-Training Program: (0,5years), University of Agder.
1984: Studies of English: (I,5years), University of Bergen.
1983: Social Sciences: (One year), University of Bergen.
1981: European and global history: (I,5 years), University of Bergen.
Forskning og utvikling
2017: Collaboration with NTNU on project: Children and Technology. This is not a project about information technology and digitalization, but about energy and natural science education. (Ongoing)
2017: Editor Special Issue on Norwegian Voices on Methodology. Scientific Journal International Review of Qualitative Research (IRQR). (Ongoing)
2016: Editor Special Issue on Leadership, Scientific Journal Reconceptualizing Educational Research Methodologies (RERM)
2016: Collaboration with researchers at The Arctic University, Tromsø, and Theatre Company Rulleramp, Tromsø, on (school) attendance (Skolefrafall) (Ongoing)
2016: Member of scientific committee of European Congress of Qualitative Inquiry, University of Leuven, Belgium (Ongoing)
2016: Author Gyldendal E-learning Platform KAN
2016: Training seminar for teacher educators to Council of Europe, Directorate of Democratic Citizenship and participation, Education Department. This is a preparation for a testing of descriptors in practical learning situations. I act as multiplier.
2015: Member COST ACTION IS1037 (International network financed by the Norwegian Research Council and EU) (Ongoing)
2015 I organized, with Oslo and Akershus University College, an international workshop on Pedagogy for the 21st. century focused on research methodologies with 70 national and international participants. The workshop was sponsored by the Norwegian Research Council.
2013-15: Research projectdeveloper at DMMH (Leading the development of three NRF applications)
2014: Attendance at EU R&I Proposal Development course in Brussels.
2013-2017: Peer reviewer for Qualitative Research (Scholar One Journal) Editor in Chief: Dr. Sara Delamont. Peer reviewer for Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research (Scholar One Journal) Editor in Chief: Dr. Øyvind Martinsen. Peer review for International Review of Qualitative Research (Scholar two Journal). Editor in Chief: Prof. Norman Denzin. (Ongoing)
2013-2016: Member of editorial board and editor of scientific journal RERM: Reconceptualizing Educational Research Methodologies.
2013: Group leader, and on behalf of HiNT, in charge of arranging conference on Practical Research and Development in the Trøndelag Region (FoU i Praksis) April 2013. Editor of conference report published by Akademika (2014).
2012: Member of group, and on behalf of HiNT, preparing the annual conference on Practical Research and Development in the Trøndelag Region (FoU i Praksis) April 2012.
2011: Leading North Trøndelag University College’s formal in service training for High school teachers on”Health services and psychiatric health care for students”. This is a project developed in collaboration with municipal health care services in the region.
2009: Observer and visiting researcher in Finland, Vasa, Korsholm Kommune.
2009-2011: Piloting a research project on developing Sustainable Assessment Cultures in Norwegian Schools. The pilot was financed by the Norwegian Research Council through “Utdanning 2020”.
Since 2008 I have worked with The European Councils’ Pestalozzi Programme focussing on democracy education, human rights education and rule of law. My focus area has been “Education for the prevention of crimes against humanity”. In 2012 I have arranged a tandem workshop between Estonia and Norway on “Evaluation of transversal skills, attitudes and knowledge”. In November 2013 I was European Expert to Estonia at workshop continuing the work.
2010 - 2014: Member of European Evaluation Society (EES)
2008-2010: Member of the Norwegian Directorate Network for School Evaluation
2007-2010: Member of the Norwegian Directorate Network for Pupil Assessment
From 1992- 2002 Member of Forum for Classroom Research at NTNU, Trondheim. Leader 1996 to 2002. As member and leader I participated in several research and development projects in schools.
Conference participation and paper presentations 2010-2017:
2017: Paper accepted at European Congress of Qualitative Inquiry, Belgium. 7-10 February.
Paper accepted at the 45th.Nordic Educational Research Association (NERA), Copenhagen, Denmark. 22-24 March
2016: Twelfth International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry, Chicago University of Illinois, 18-22. May (I organized four symposia)
44th. Nordic Educational Research Association (NERA), University of Helsinki, 9-11. March (I organized one symposium).
EECERA (Early Childhood), University of Dublin, Dublin, 31. August - 2. September. (Self organized symposium with international partners on leadership).
2015: Eleventh International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry, Chicago University of Illinois,
17. - 20. May (Leader of spotlight symposium)
2014: Tenth International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry, Chicago University of Illinois.
May 21-24th. (Leader of symposium: A working constitution).
Discourse, Power, Resistance (DPR). London, Greenwich, April 8-9th.
Nordic Educational Research Association (NERA), Lillehammer University College, Norway March 5-7th. (Paper presentation)
2013: International Conference on Diverse Teachers for Diverse Learners. Hedemark University College, 22nd.May.
Eleventh “FoU in Practice” Conference at Stjørdal, Norway, April. (Artistic symposium on the theme Research and Terrorism (Researchers and musicians))
2012: Eighth International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry, Chicago University of Illinois, 20-24. May (Paper presentation). I also lead the Norwegian Panel on the theme “Norway 07.22.2011”
2011: Seventh International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry, Chicago University of Illinois (Paper presentation).
EISTA / IMSCI conference on E-learning and Peer- Evaluation, Orlando, Florida: July. (Paper presentation)
2010: Association of Educational Assessment- Europe (AEA), Oslo, November. (Paper presentation)
2010: European Evaluation Society (EES), Prague. September
EISTA/IMSCI conference on E-learning and Peer- Evaluation, Orlando, Florida. June-July (Two paper presentations.)
Book on leadership in ECECs (Fagbokforlaget 2017)
Book on processquality (Fagbokforlaget 2017)
Article 1: On Educational Justice (International review of qualitative Inquiry)
Article 1: Poeticizing data (International review of qualitative Inquiry)
Reference list from 1995-2016:
1. 1995/6: Fagdidaktisk kunnskap belyst gjennom undervisning i hendelsene på Eidsvoll i
1814. Tre kasusstudier av lærere i videregående skole. Trondheim: Tapir.
(Pedagogical content knowledge seen through the events at Eidsvoll in 1814. Case studies of three high school teachers. (Published Master Thesis, Tapir)
2. 1994: Eidsvoll 1814: En kasusstudie av historieundervisning. I M. Uljens (ed.); Didaktikk. Lund: Studentlitteratur. (Eidsvoll 1814: A case study of teaching history)
3. 1994: Something wise, something vital and something invisible; on the nature of
Pedagogical content knowledge. In Zeitshrift fur pedagogik. Berlin.
4. 1996: Professor, kom tilbake. I festskrift for Åsmund Lønning Strømnes:
Klasserommet I sentrum. Trondheim: Tapir. (Professor, come back).
5. 1998: Eidsvoll 1814: Kasus studie av hvordan historiesyn og elevsyn påvirker
undervisning. I festskrift for Bjørg Gundem; Didaktikk; Tradisjon og fornyelse. Rapport nr.12. Universitetet i Oslo. (Eidsvoll 1814: A case study of how discipline structure and opinions about students influence teaching)
6. 1998: The five Klafki Questions as a conceptual framework for research on teaching. In S.
Hopmann, K. Riquaarts and I. Westbury (Eds.): The German Didaktik Tradition:
Teaching as reflective practice. New York: Earlbaum.
Dette er publikasjoner før jeg begynte mitt arbeid mid dr.grad. I 2003 fikk jeg førstelektoropprykk.
7. 2007/09: SPUNK – A Love story. Teacher community not; Writing towards a de-authorized and double(d) perspective of research and reform in schools. Doctoral thesis, NTNU. 2007. Published at VDM Verlag 2009.
Publikasjoner etter avlagt doktorgrad:
8. 2008: My Norwegian Lusekofte. International Review of Qualitative Research. Vol.1. No.
2. Pp: 283-298.
9. 2008: A writing story: Opening up to judgment – Individual assessment as system
Assessment or writing as school. US-China Review. Vol. 5. No.10 (Serial no.47).
10. 2009: Vurdering som læring innenfor en Usikkerhetspedagogikk. I Vurdering, Prinsipper og praksis. Nye perspektiver på elev- og lærlingvurdering. Dobson, S., Smith, K. & Eggen, A.B. (Red.) Gyldendal, Oslo. (Assessment within a pedagogy of insecurity)
11. 2009: Skriving som skole: På veg mot de – autoriserte og doble(de) perspektiver på forskning, utvikling og læring i skolen. I Verden satt ut av spill; Postmoderne pedagogiske perspektiver. Dobson, S & Steinsholt, K. (Red.). Tapir Forlag. Trondheim.
(Writing as School: Towards a de-authorized and double(d) perspective on research, development and learning in school).
12. 2009: DDD+Assemblage: Community not and youto(o)biography? International Review of Qualitative Research. Vol. 2. No 2. Pp. 247-267.
13. 2011: Sans Souci and the pedagogical experience International Review of Qualitative Research. Vol.4. No.1. Pp: 93-109.
14. 2012: Do It with Joy, and You Are the Solution: practical philosophy as conversations about assessment in school, Policy Futures in Education, 10(4), 475-486.
15. 2012: Second order pedagogy as an example of second order cybernetics. Reconceptualizing Educational Research Methodology. Vol 3 No. 1.
16. 2013: Queer school based self- assessment, inspiractionresearch and second order cybernetics as thinking tool. International Review of Qualitative Research.Vol. 6. No. 1.
17. 2013: The inefficiency of knowledge and the limits of explanations; the necessity of critique; Norway; July 22nd 2011. Qualitative Inquiry; Vol. 19 Issue 3.
18. 2013 Being data and datadream/ing pedagogies with Pinter-a dream/dialogue/data/play about being ruthlessly honest about own motives eventually Max Stirner. Cultural Studies ↔ Critical Methodologies August 2013 13(4): 233-239, first published on May 15, 2013 doi: 10.1177/1532708613487865
19: 2013. Outdoor Becoming Thinking with Data Dewey Derrida Deleuze: Assessment for Health and Happiness Qualitative Inquiry DOI: 10.1177/1077800413489529
20. 2013 Welcome to my brain. Qualitative Inquiry Vol. 20(3): 255-266. DOI: 10.1177/1077800413489534
21. 2013 Come on dear gal: On learning democracies; Mygazes, Mymethods, Mylanguages,
Myforces and Mychanges. Cultural Studies<=>Critical Methodologies DOI: 10.1177/1532708613503783 Volume 13 Issue 6 December 2013 pp. 539 - 546.
22. 2013 The bike with the pink tires -on global science gateways, safespaces and benefiting from confusions Qualitative Inquiry Qualitative Inquiry Vol 20(5): 668-673. DOI: 10.1177/1077800413489274
23. 2013 Writing Race Roma 3D- “Put in vase to give nice”, she said—and nobody’s here but me. Qualitative Inquiry DOI: 10.1177/0123456789123456
24. 2013 Being data and datadream/ing pedagogies with Pinter-a dream/dialogue/data/play about being ruthlessly honest about own motives eventually Max Stirner. Cultural Studies ↔ Critical Methodologies August 2013 13(4): 233-239, first published on May 15, 2013 doi: 10.1177/1532708613487865
25. 2014 Articlepoem: Poetry and reality in research in poetry and reality. International Review of Qualitative Research, Vol. 7. No 2.
26. 2014. “Skeiv” skolebasert vurdering. Nordic Studies in Education 1/2014.
27. 2014 Kjære Ronja; om poststrukturell og posthuman hypertekst lesing av lovgivning om Oppfølgingstjenesten som ledd i Ny Giv i Norge. Nordic Studies in Education 4/2014
28. 2014 Our little land and a utopian imaginary: A collaborative writing story on new languages for the reimagining of democratic societies. With A. M. Otterstad and O. Ben- Horin. Policy Futures in Education. Vol 12(1).
29. 2014 Becoming with data: Developing self assessing recursive pedagogies in schools and using second order cybernetics as thinking tool. Policy Futures in Education Vol. 12(2).
30. 2014 The pink-wheeled bike - takes two, three and four. P. Zapata-Sepúlveda, M. Martin, and A. Gomez. International Review of Qualitative Research with International Review of Qualitative Research, Vol. 7(4).
31. 2014: A Wild Multiple Apparatus of Knowing Discussion: Waiting Pentimento Intra-Observation. Qualitative Inquiry; 1-11. DOI: 10.1177/1077800414566685
32. 2014: The choice: Teaching difficult avoiding silencing or the multiplicities of our words and our subjectivities" Open Review of Educational Research DOI10.1080/23265507.2014.963655. Volume 1, Issue 1, pp. 20-27
33. 2015: Come Dance With Fredrikke Me: Subjective Empowered Professionalism
Togethermade 3D. With Katrine Borgenvik. Qualitative Inquiry Qualitative Inquiry, Vol. 21(4) 327–331 DOI: 10.1177/1077800414563805
34. 2015: A minor research and educational language: Beyond critique and the imperceptible beingness of engagement; creating spaces for collective subjectivity intensities, for change, and for social justice Qualitative Inquiry; 1–5. DOI: 10.1177/1077800414555074
35. 2015: Uten store ord - Autoetnografisk etnometodologisk 3D skriving. I Metodefestival og øyeblikksrealisme. Otterstad, A.M. og Reinertsen, A.B. (red) (266- 295). Fagbokforlaget, Bergen.
36. 2015: Faglige forflytninger i søken etter metodefest. In Metodefestival og øyeblikksrealisme. Otterstad, A.M. og Reinertsen, A.B. (red) (17-24) Fagbokforlaget, Bergen.
37. 2016: Our bikes our tires our machinic enthusiasms- thinkingfeelings after Congress of Qualitative Inquiry-2015 Urbana-Champaign. International Review of Qualitative Research, Vol. 9, No. 2, Summer 2016, pp. 266–271.
38. 2016: The embrained body of a child; On neurodidactics and edusemiotic 21.st century becoming machines Global Childhood DOI: 10.1177/2043610615619514
39. 2016: A Phaedrus Baroque Art of Maintenance or Constant Fabulating Qualia Becoming Quality, Contemporary Issues in Early Childhood. Special Issue: Re-imagining quality in early childhood DOI: 10.1177/1463949115627909
40. 2016: Becoming Earth; Becoming Earth: A Post Human turn in educational discourse collapsing Nature Culture Divides. (Reinertsen, A.B. Ed.). Sense Publishers Rotterdam, Boston, Taipei.
Own chapters: Becoming Earth: A New Materialism Turn in Educational Discourses Collapsing Nature Culture Divides or Greenish Post-Anthroposcene Humanities pp. 1-13
Sustainable Eco-Justice Placemaking pp. 163-175
41. 2016: The ungrammatical child/hood/s and writing: Nature/culture edusemiotic entangling with affective outside encounters and sustainability events –to-come Qualitative Inquiry DOI: 10.1177/1077800416643998
42. Body as profession or what is it with Irma? Cultural Studies ↔ Critical Methodologies
43. 2016: A Phaedrus baroque art of maintenance or constant fabulating qualia becoming quality. Contemporary Issues in Early Childhood, Vol. 17(1) 112–123 DOI: 10.1177/1463949115627909.
44. 2016: Hva er det med Irma? På veg mot immanente kritikk praksiser og rettferdige utdanningsøyeblikk. TIDSSKRIFT FOR NORDISK BARNEHAGEFORSKNING
VOL. 12(6), 1-12, PUBLISHED 6TH OF OCTOBER 2016
45. 2016: Po/etisk pedagogisk ledelse for kvalitet gjennom skriving mot immanente vurderingspraksiser og tvilens og kroppens vitenskap og metoder. Reconceptualizing Educational Research Methodology 2016, 7(2) http://journals.hioa.no/index.php/rerm
46. Writing matters in leadership practice. Reconceptualizing Educational Research Methodology 2016, 7(2) http://journals.hioa.no/index.php/rerm
Published newspaper and magazine articles 2010/15:
1. 2010: On Grades (Adresseavisen)
2. 2010: Innovation and Negation (Trønderavisen)
3. 2011: Pedagogy and Humor (Fagbladet Utdanning)
4. 2011: Pestalozzi, the European Council and Education (Trønderavisen)
5. 2011: The Finnish paradoks (Fagbladet Bedre Skole)
6. 2011: Det er vi som er operaen (Fagbladet Utdanning)
7. 2012: Poetry in language and democracy (European Wergeland Centre Statement
8. 2013: Assessment Language (Fagbladet Bedre Skole nr 1 Januar)
9. 2015: Judith Butler (Fagbladet Barnehagefolk)