Students from our partner institutions are given priority if there are more applicants than places.
We accept a maximum of 20 students to the NECEC2100 and 2201 courses.
Starting Autumn semester
- Nomination deadline: 15 April
- Application deadline: 1 May
Starting Spring semester
- Nomination deadline: 1 October
- Application deadline: 15 October
Once you have been nominated by your home institution, the International Office at QMUC will send you the link to the online application, and more information about the application procedure, required documentation, deadlines etc.
QMUC requires all international students to have a good command of English at an academic level and you may need to provide TOEFL/IELTS test scores.
Exchange students from outside the EU (Students from native English speaking countries is exempted).
Non-EU students are required to document their English proficiency:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a minimum score of 90 points on the internet based test
- IELTS (International English Language Testing Service) with a minimum overall band score of 6.5
Exchange students from the EU
There are no formal language requirements for students from EU countries, but you are expected to have a good command of the English language that enables you to communicate well at an academic level. The level of English proficiency should be at least B1, preferably B2, using the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages scale.
For free movers
Free movers must document at least 60 ECTS credits of studies in preferably the field of Early Childhood Education, alternatively in Education. Students with background in ECE will be given priority.
If you are interested in coming as a free mover, then you need to send a request to the International Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th April (for studies in the autumn semester) and 1st October (for studies in the spring semester). Please note that students nominated from partner institutions are given priority if there are more applicants than places. It is therefore strongly recommended that you apply for the autumn semester, as there is less students arriving this semester.
Students coming from institutions without an exchange agreement with QMUC, so-called free movers, pay a fee of NOK 10.000.
- Report of marks from all finalized subjects/courses at your college of education.
- Letter of motivation.
- The personal Identification page of your passport.
- Documentation of financing (only required for non-EU applicants).
- Certificate of English proficiency level (minimum B1 level).