Queen Maud University College (QMUC) is the largest university college in Norway solely dedicated to the education of teachers within the field of early childhood education and care (ECEC).
The student body consists of 1200 students. Around 100 of our 150 employees hold teaching and research positions.
QMUC aims to produce relevant research and provide new knowledge of ECEC to the society in general, as well as to our students and collaborating institutions at home and abroad.
Our main research interests are:
- leadership in early childhood education and care
- special needs in early childhood education
- child culture and arts education
- the impact of physical and psychosocial environment for learning and play in ECEC
- childhood and cultural diversity.