The conference is organized by the research network
, and takes place at DMMH, Queen Maud University College in Norway.
MiU23 is an inter-institutional conference that aims to establish international meeting arenas for academic, artistic and pedagogical fields of research and performative work in music and education.The MiU23 conference`s theme opens up a diversity of approaches, focus and perspectives on the challenges and opportunities that exist in
Save the date, more information to come.
Call for abstracts (deadline: May 15)
You may submit in one of the following presentation formats (please indicate the desired format when submitting the abstract):
- Paper: 30 minutes. (20 min. presentation, 10 min. response/discussion). This includes academic papers as well as artistic, performative papers. Respondent
- Symposium: 45 minutes. (35 min. presentation, 10 min. response/discussion). This consists of several interrelated papers. Respondent.
- Performance: 45 minutes concert, remix/live mix, musical theatre or similar. No respondent.
- Round table discussion: 45 minutes discussion for groups of 3-5 master students. This format invites discussion of issues relevant for the students' master’s projects. Respondent.
- Posters: Poster presentations of master projects from 2020-2023.
Scandinavian/English abstracts of 300-500 words will be reviewed for inclusion in the conference program.
After the conference presenting participants will be invited to submit a full paper for double blind peer review and potential inclusion in the anthology published by MusPed:Research.
Go to registration to submit the abstract.