Who must document financing?
The Norwegian Directorate of Immigration requires that citizens of countries outside the EU/EEA-area and Switzerland can provide documentation of financial ability, i.e. a minimum amount of money required to cover living expenses for one academic year in Norway.
If you fail to provide satisfactory documentation of financing within the application deadline, your application will not be considered.?
The annual amount required for applicants to bachelor's and master's degree programmes is currently NOK 111 657. (For a semester the amount is NOK 55 828,50).
No tuition fees.
How to document financing?
Documentation of financing should not be older than three months at the time of the application, and must be attached to the application within the application deadline. Financing should be documented with one of the following:
- A recent official bank statement/transcript in your own name.
- A letter confirming that you are eligible for a scholarship/student loan from your home country.
- A sponsor guarantee letter + sponsor’s recent official bank statement/transcript.
Sponsor guarantee letter
In the guarantee letter, the sponsor states that they are willing to transfer the required amount upon your admission to QMUC. The letter must be accompanied by the sponsor's bank statement or bank transcript.
- A guarantee letter from a sponsor should include the following:
- Sponsor’s name
- Your name
- Sponsor’s relationship to you
- Sponsor’s signature
- Sponsor’s postal address and email address
- A statement of guarantee of sponsorship and that the sponsor is willing to transfer the required amount upon your admission to the QMUC.
QMUC does not provide sample letters, but you will find sample letters online if you search for guarantee letter samples.
If you are offered admission, the required amount must immediately be transferred to the QMUC deposit account in connection with your residence permit/visa application.
Details QMUC deposit account:
Name of account holder:
Dronning Mauds Minne Høgskole for barnehagelærerutdanning
Address of account holder:
Thrond Nergaards veg 7, N-7044 Trondheim, Norway
Postboks 200, N-4662 Kristiansand
Account no.: 82200220400